Jaipur is one of the top tourist destinations in India attracting enormous travelers.The tourism infrastructure of hotels and accommodation is considerably evolved.Over the last few years, many modern hotels, home stays and Bed & Breakfast options have come up in Jaipur.There are a substantial number of hotels to cater to all kinds of budget and categories across the city.With such a plethora of choice, it becomes challenging for travelers to select stay options in Jaipur.This guide will help travelers to select places to stay in Jaipur.
Hotels are defacto choice for most travelers. The kind of services hotels offer cannot be matched by a guest houses or B&B. In Jaipur, one can find hotels for as low as Rs 800 and Rs 1.5-2 Lakh on the higher side.
Why do travelers choose hotels over other options?
- Hotels are spread all across the city. Customarily, people have preference for staying in certain areas due to work, shopping, choice of dining options, to name a few.
- Hotels offer many facilities like restaurants, gym, business centers, laundry, travel arrangements, etc.
- With chain hotels like Marriott, Hilton, Oberoi, Taj etc. parameters & benchmarks are already set; one needs not worry about room size and services offered.
- Hotels are very proactive with complaints and often one can easily contact customer care to obtain resolution.
- Hotels offer privacy as one can walk in or out anytime one chooses.
There is no denying there is an immense choice of hotels in Jaipur to suit all the parameters.
Visiting Jaipur? Check out hotels near me
Guesthouses & Bed and Breakfast
While guesthouses have been in existence for many decades, there has been an enormous shift in outlook towards B&B and guesthouses. While previously, the guesthouses were choice of budget travelers, this is not the case anymore; one can find luxurious guest houses and home stays in Jaipur. These days people are seeking accommodation options akin to the residences.
Some people do not like the boring & unvaried look and feel of the hotels.Many upmarket B&B and guesthouses have come up in Jaipur.Many families have opted to throw open their residence to the travelers in the hope of meeting new people or making new connections. Some of these are senior couples whose children are settled in other cities; they are well past the working age and hence are looking for conversation and engagement with travelers. Therefore, for some of these hosts, money is not the first criterion while offering stay to travelers. Difference between guesthouses and B&B has blurred over the years. Many guesthouses do not provide food. B&B only offer bed and breakfast as the name suggests.
Why do travelers choose guesthouse and B&b over hotels?
- Personalisation. Since hotels cater to a large number of customers, the staff routinely doesn’t engage with travelers on a personal basis. Many travelers consider this as an important travel experience.
- Surprise element- Since the standards are preset with hotels, there are no surprises when it comes to room, layout, and experience especially with the chain hotels. With B&B one gets to uncover many aspects only after reaching. Many travelers seek this surprise element.
- Dislike for Industrialized look stay options- Many travelers prefer accommodation that are similar to the actual residences. B&B offers this.
- Personalised tips and suggestion are an integral part of guesthouses and B&B.
- Living with a family as a travel experience is what many travelers are seeking.
- Experience of staying in a quiet residential areas.
These days finding a great B&B or guest house is not difficult with online portal offering details, pictures, and deals. While searching for accommodations on the portal, one can select guest houses and bed and breakfast only to find the options. One can even read ratings and reviews. In the old days, one had to rely on the recommendations of friends & family.
Many new schemes have been launched by the Rajasthan state government for guesthouses. The primary motive is to benefit both the locals by way of increasing earning potential, and for unique experiences for travelers. This also allows travelers to stay in offbeat places since the hotel infrastructure doesn’t exist in such places.
What do you prefer? Do share your opinion.