Jaipur Art Summit is one of the most popular art festivals in Jaipur. I wrote about the Jaipur Art Summit first in 2015 and then in 2016. Despite other art festivals taking place in Jaipur, what sets this apart is a variety of art one gets to see at Jaipur Art Summit. Most art events focus on either paintings or sculptures but not this one. There are art installations, paintings, talk shows, movie screenings, sculptures, live art demonstrations and an opportunity for artists to sell their creations. I’m posting pictures from Jaipur Art Summit 2017. I’ll let these pictures do all the talking! Click here to check out earlier art post on Jaipurthrumylens
Posting 20 pictures from Jaipur Art Summit.
- Air Brushing on Mercedes
2. Slow and steady wins the race. Turtles made out of Fibre Glass. Artist- Yogesh Prajapat.
3. Modern Art in Bio-scope.Artist- Sandeep Gome
4. My Chai Tamasha. Used Tea Bags. Artist- Ritu Dua
5. Lost Indian Musical Instruments. Artist- Ashwin Dalvi.
6. Unnamed art creation
7. Memories. Unnamed artist
8. Utility turns into useless. Unnamed artist.
9. An artists’s impression of “Breaking News of media”. Barking Dog. Pankaj Panwar.
10. Life and Death. Unnamed artist.
11. Artist busy in creating a frame
12. Sands of Time. Artist- Swaroop Biswas
13. Circle of Life. Artist-VB Design
14. Illusions. Painting created by an artist in Jaipur Art Summit 2016.
15. Artist in live art camp.
16. Modern Art on display
17. Sands of Time. Artist- Swaroop Biswas
18. Art in Progress. Live Art Camp at Jaipur Art Summit.
19. The journey of mankind. Ancestral Park. Artist- Dilip Kumar Topo
20. A visitor exploring the gallery section of the Jaipur Art Summit
In comparison to Jaipur Art Summit 2016, this year’s art festival lacked usual buzz and vibrancy. The number of art installations was less vis-à-vis last year. Participation from foreign countries was lackadaisical too. Probably last year’s experience of foreign participants must have been bad considering Jaipur Art Summit took place a few days after the Demonetization of high-value Indian currency. The number of art exhibitions & art events in Jaipur has increased drastically but most of them are yet to gain the following.